18.6.09

Flying Thursday, June 18, 2009.


Iran, the last Shah

June 18 appears to be a day on which I can find no flag from my collection to relate to an anniversary or public holiday on this day, so I have to stretch the rules a little further. Without wishing to inflame tension in Iran, I am going to fly my Iran flag in use in Iran from the period 1964 to 1980, the latter period of the reign of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi of the Pahlavi Dynasty, commonly known in the west as the Shah. In fact this is broadly similar to earlier flags in use from 1906, the earlier Qajar Dynasty and then the last Shah’s father Rezā Shāh Pahlavi.


Iranian Flag, 1964 to 1980


I do not have the current Iranian flag in use since just after the Islamic revolution in 1979.

I think I will defer its purchase as I may get a bargain if it changes again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment