7.6.09

Flying Sunday June 7, 2009.

On the 65th Anniversaryof the "D-Day", June 6, 1944, I have spent the afternoon and evening watching the coverage of the commemoration pilgrimages to the beaches of Normandy, and some extraordinary film footage on BBC Four this evening. 

For today, June 7, as tribute, I will fly my Normandy flag, of two leopards passant, and attach also to this blog the flags of the main landing forces.

I have spent this year reading up about this extraordinary event, in anticipation of a week to be spent in Normandy with my family later in the year.

It is quite beyond me to comment here upon the courage, cunning, planning and deceit of this landing.



Normandy


United Kingdom

Canada (the Canadian flag 1921-1957)

United States of America

France, Free French.

Poland

Norway

No comments:

Post a Comment